Monday, February 6, 2023

Blog Post- Review of presentations

I learned a lot about old and modern technology not just from my group, but from others as well. I learned from my fellow group member about the first creation and events of the newspaper. I was surprised to find out that the newspaper was invented in 1604. I did not know it was created that early. I also learned that back then just like now a days the government tried to silence these newspapers because they spoke about the difficulties the government was having at the time. 

The one thing that I found most interesting from another group was group 1. The one guy chose to do YouTube. I was shocked to find out that originally before it became what it is today it could've possibly been a dating app. 

Another thing I found interesting was from group 3 when Alayna presented about the radio. I didn't know the radio was made as early as the 1850's. I believed that the radio came to be in the early 1900's. Radios apparently seemed useless when they were first invented, then not even a few years later radio's started to boom and become very popular. Another fact that I found interesting also came from group 3. The VCR cost $50,000 in the 1950's. Only the rich could buy a VCR then. 

The next piece of information I found interesting came from group 4 about google. I learned that google plays a bigger part in our life than I have previously thought. The google effect has been linked to cause "amnesia" we don't take in information the same way we would before google was created. Netflix was another technology I was surprised by. I am a Netflix fan, I watch it all the time. I didn't realize that Netflix was subscription based by using DVD's. I have just always believed it was an app and also it was more modern and more new than it actually was. 

I am glad I learned more about not only these specific technologies, but all technologies that were presented about. I have always been interested in the history of inventions. So this project/presentation was right up my alley!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog Post

  My Relationship with Technology My relationship with technology has always been rocky. As we all have seen and know... technology  while i...